About the program "Trauma Therapy"
Classes Begin 7-11 December 2021
The price of the first 5-day module The Basics of Trauma Therapy is 4000 UAH ($150 USD). Mandatory prepayment of 1000 UAH ($38 USD), the rest to be paid on the first day of module. Upon completion participants receive a certificate.
The specialization "Trauma Therapy" consists of Trauma Module 1 and Trauma Module 2.
You can familiarize yourself with the course schedule in the section CURRICULUM PLAN.
Trauma Module 1 - has a general educational character and anyone can go through it:
psychologists, chaplains, volunteers, activists, social workers, teachers, priests, church ministers, as well as everyone for whom the topic of psychotrauma is relevant.
During courses, students will receive basic knowledge of trauma therapy, learn to
provide psychological first aid, receive skills assisting a client with death and loss, and learn to manage compassion fatigue.
Foundations of Trauma Therapy.
Participants will gain knowledge of the basics of trauma therapy within the disciplines:
1. Introduction to trauma
2. First psychological aid
3. Compassion fatigue and compassion stress management
4. Grief and loss
5. Military families readjustment after combat
The term of study - 5 days.
After graduating the training, participants receive a certificate.
To study in Trauma Module 1, it is not necessary to have a higher psychological education.
This is the not-for-profit program. The real cost of teaching, including flights and stay in Ukraine of American teachers, is around $ 7200. Main part of the tuition is covered by contributions from the US side.
The admission at the low price tuition is limited to 20 people.
Continuation of training in the program "Trauma Therapy" is possible only for specialists with higher psychological education after passing Trauma Module 1.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION to Trauma Module 2:
- Completion of the courses in Trauma Module 1
- higher education in the psychology field (the opportunity to study in the program is also open for students of psychological specialties in the last year of study)
- respect for Christian worldview and values*
* Contact the program coordinator if you have any questions about this requirement.
DOCUMENT PACKET for admission to Trauma Module 2:
-a diploma and transcript from higher psychological education (and their photocopies). For students of the last year it is enough to have a document confirming the study in the university;
- health certificate form 086-U;
- completed online application form by October 1;
- prepayment receipt.
* Scanned copies of diplomas and a payment receipt are attached when filling out an online application form.
The cost of the 2 year program is $2,400 USD.
- two years of training in a program designed and taught by American teachers
- interpreter during class sessions and supervision
- online supervision with an Ukrainian psychologist in group of three during two years
- support of the program coordinator
- Internship at the International Institute of Postgraduate Education (customer support for counseling practice)
- translation of materials and printed teaching materials
- Certificate from Regent University, USA and the International Institute of Postgraduate Education.
After each module, students receive a theoretical and practical homework that they need to send to the program administration department when completed.
Recipient: International Institute of Postgraduate Education.
Account number: UA373005280000026005455057520
Recipient's Bank: OTP Bank JSC
Bank MFO: 300528
Purpose of payment: Payment for educational services.
Please keep a receipt for payment to be presented on the first day of study if necessary.