We are launching Marriage and Family Counseling program to educate psychologists to provide evidence-based therapy to couples and families.
Students will be taught via face-to-face class instruction, clinical internship and weekly on-line supervision for the 2 year duration of the program. You can find the timetable in CURRICULUM section.
This program trains professionals and teaches:
- provide therapy to couples and families;
- conduct couple and family evaluation, therapy and prevention counseling
- provide therapy to clients who are going through the role adjustment of becoming a parent, understanding father/mother role and how they change at different age stages of life;
- provide counseling on child-parent relationship problems; therapy of child-parent relationships and prevention of their malfunction;
- provide psychological assistance to families in crisis situations (divorce, adultery, loss of a family member, etc.);
- provide psychological aid in case of domestic violence, child abuse, high suicide risk situations; prevention of domestic violence.
The program is specifically designed for professionals who interact closely with family couples, and it is suitable for psychologists, psychotherapists, psychiatrists, school psychological counselors, social workers, employees of crisis psychological centers, employees of psychological medical social centers, psychologists of family psychological centers.
In order to obtain proper clinical supervision, students are required to devote at least 50% of their professional practice to working with family couples.
Seminar "Family Therapy Techniques and Practice" May 16-19 2023. Participants will gain knowledge in the following disciplines:
- Initial Steps in Working with Families, Couples, Parent-Child Relationships, and Child Issues
- Effective Family Communication in Divorce and Work with Blended Families
- Dealing with Sexual Difficulties
- Understanding Addiction and Codependency: Breaking Addictive Cycle.
Cost of 4-day training - $150.
Please fill out online application form to participate in the basic module training. Number of participants is limited.
Participants receive certificate after completing the training.
The program is specifically designed for professionals who interact closely with children and adolescents and is suitable for psychologists, psychotherapists, psychiatrists, school psychologists, nurses in the field of psychiatry, pediatricians, orphanage workers, or social workers.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION to the program Family Counseling:
- higher education in the psychology field (the opportunity to study in the program is also open for students of psychological specialties in the last year of study)
- respect for Christian worldview and values*
* Contact the program coordinator if you have any questions about this requirement.
DOCUMENT PACKET for program admission:
-a diploma and transcript from higher psychological education (and their photocopies). For students of the last year it is enough to have a document confirming the study in the university;
- completed online application form.
* Scanned copies of diplomas are attached when filling out an online application form.
The program conducts in-person sessions over the course of two 10-day modules and four 5-day modules (in October and March).
After each module, students receive a theoretical and practical homework that they need to send to the program administration department when completed.
During September-April, mandatory clinical practice is conducted under the supervision of qualified supervisors.
That is, the teaching is accompanied by individual mentoring sessions (supervision), during which a supervisor will discuss the specific cases students encounter in practice, and the employment of skills and methods they learn in course sessions.
- 140 hours per year of direct contact with clients under the supervision of qualified specialists (280 hours in total for the course);
- 210 hours per year of indirect contact (420 hours in total for the course);
- on-line supervision in triplets - 1.5 hours a week;
- on-line group supervision with the study of MKH-10 - 1.5 hours a week;
- Supervisors are also under the supervision of supervisors - 16.
The program is non-profit.
The number of seats at reduced cost is limited to 20 people.
The cost of the 2 year program is 320 000 UAH = 8000 $.
The price includes:
- training in a program taught by American teachers for two years
- translation work during modules
- online supervision with a Ukrainian psychologist in triads for two years
- coordinator support
- Internship at the Open Doors Center (customer support for counseling practice)
- translation of materials and printed teaching materials
- Certificate from Regent University, USA and the International Institute of Postgraduate Education.
We teach and supervise the practice of Ukrainian specialists, who assist those who need psychological help qualitatively, responsibly and on the basis of scientifically proven methods.
Upon completion of the basic requirements of the two-year program, graduates will be able to apply knowledge of recent research and use the appropriate clinical skills from individual and group psychological counseling in clinical practice.
If desired and pending the completion of an interview, graduates have the opportunity to continue their studies at the supervisory and / or teaching levels and to participate in the project as supervisor and / or teacher.
Recipient: International Institute of Postgraduate Education.
Checking account: UA373005280000026005455057520
Bank of the recipient: OTP Bank JSC
MFI Bank: 300528
Purpose of payment: Payment for educational services.
Please, save a payment receipt to show on the first day of study, if necessary